* King James Version Bible
* Albert Barnes commentary
KING JAMES VERSION
We offer the most influential English Bible of all time: King James Version.
The King James Bible was published in 1611 with the approval and patronage of the King James I of England and it was considered for many centuries “The English Bible”, the most accurate and most sacred Bible.
All its reputation is deserved: the language and syntax of the KJV are majestic and give authority and originality. It had a great influence on the English literature and music.
Enjoy Albert Barnes’notes and commentaries on the whole Bible.
Albert Barnes was an American theologian born in 1798 in New York. He studied theology and was ordained as a Presbyterian minister by the presbytery of Elizabethtown, New Jersey, in 1825. He was an eloquent preacher and very famous for his well-known expository work of the Bible. His notes and commentaries of the Bible have had a big circulation in Europe and America.
CROSS-REFERENCES AND SUB-HEADINGS
Our Bible has cross-references in the biblical text so that the reader can look at other Bible passages that relate to the one he is reading. Each verse has a cross-reference to other verses that mention the same thing.
This may be very useful when you’re studying the Bible.
In addition, enjoy sub-headings that briefly describe what the section includes. They are not part of the biblical text, but they are very useful for organizing and dividing the Bible.
– Free /Compatible with Android Phones and Tablets
– User-friendly interface and nice design
– Offline: you can absolutely use it without Wi-Fi service
– Copy, send and share verses
– Bookmark your favorite verses
– Create and organize a favorites list
– Add your own notes
– Ability to increase/decrease the font
– Switch into night mode to a high-quality reading
– Go back to the last verse read
– Keyword research
– Receive inspirational verses on your phone
Main divisions of the Bible:
– The Pentateuch: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy.
– Historical Books: Joshua, Judges, Ruth, First Samuel, Second Samuel, First Kings, Second Kings, First Chronicles, Second Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther.
– Books of Wisdom (or Poetry): Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon.
– Books of the Prophets:
Major Prophets: Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel.
Minor Prophets: Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi.
– The Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John.
– History: Acts
– Pauline Epistles: Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon.
– General Epistles: Hebrews, James, 1 Peter, 2 Peter, 1 John, 2 John, 3 John, Jude.
– Apocalyptic writings: Revelation.